Ethical Hacking Tutorial
Advantages of Hacking
Hacking is the act of finding the possible entry points that exist in a computer system or a computer network and finally entering into them. Hacking is usually done to gain unauthorized access access to computer system or a computer network .either to h arm the system or to steel sensitive information available on the computer.
Hacking is usually legal as long as it is being to find weakness in a computer system for testing purpose.This short of hacking is called Ethical Hacking.
A computer expert who does the act of hacking is called “hacker”. Hackers are those who seek knowledge,to understand how system operate ,how they are designed, and then attempt to play with these system
Types of Hacking
We cam segregate hacking into different categories,based on what is being hacked.Here is set of examples-
- Website hacking- hacking a website means taking unauthorized control over a web server and its associated software such as database and other interfaces.
- Network Hacking-Hacking a network means gathering information about a network by using tools like Talnet,NS lookup, ping,Tracert,Netstat etc.with the intent to harm the network system and hamper its operation.
- E-mail Hacking-It includes getting unauthorized access on email account and using it without taking a onset of its owner
- Ethical Hacking-This is the process of recovering secret password from data that has been stored in or transmitted by a computer system.
- Computer Hacking-This is the process of stealing computer ID and password by applying hacking methods an getting unauthorized access.
Advantages of Hacking
Hacking is quite useful in the following scenarios-
- To recover lost information,especially in case you lost your password.
- To perform penetration testing to strength computer and network security.
- To put adequate preventative measure in place to prevent security breaches.
- To have a computer system that prevent malicious from gaining access.
Disadvantages of Hacking
Hacking is quite dangerous if it is done with the harmful intent.It can cause-
- Massive security breach
- Unauthorized system access on private information.
- Privacy violation.
- Hampering system operation
- denial of service attacks
- Malicious attack on system
Purpose of Hacking
There could be various positive and negative intentions behind performing hacking activities.Here is a list of some probable reasons why people indulge in hacking activities-
- Just for Fun
- Steal important information
- Damage the system
- Hampering privacy
- Money extortion
- System security testing
- To break policy comliance